The new XLpower Nimbus 550 Kit without Blades.
This kit come with standard size for cyclic servos.
550 is the latest generation 550 class helicopter, utilizing proven
design techniques found on the Specter 700 series. The result is a good
looking, lightweight, and robust airframe with plenty of options
available to customize the appearance and flight style.This Helicopter
can be upgrade to 600 size helicopter with the option kit.
One of the most notable qualities of the Nimbus 550, and proven on the Specter 700 V2, is the use of a large diameter tail boom (27mm for the Nimbus 550) without the need for boom supports. Not only does a large tail diameter tail boom increase tail performance, but also has a super sleek look.
The tail servo and tail control rod are mounted in the upper frame raising the vertical CG to improve flight characteristics.
The core of the airframe is a single piece 7075 aluminum bearing block assembly and servo mount providing rigidity to the frame and drivetrain. The main shaft is supported with large double row angular contact bearings increasing durability and bearing life to ensure long-term operation.
The cyclic servos are arranged in a 120-degree layout for optimal control geometry and motion over the entire control range.
Similar to the Specter 700 V2, the Nimbus 550 battery tray system is
able to be loaded into the helicopter from the front or the rear,
enabling the optional quick-connect system in which the model to be
powered up/down instantly without removing the canopy. The battery tray
accepts all standard configurations all the way up to 12s power
- Main / Tail Blades: 570mm / 95mm
- Weight approx. 2900g take-off weight with 5000mAh batteries and average heavy components
- Version for standard servos
- Battery slot from the front and rear with battery rail and quick-release fastener
- With optional quick-connect system for AS150
- 27mm tail boom diameter without tail braces with one-piece tail housing
- Double freewheel for powerful setups up to 12s
- Double row main rotor shaft ball bearings
- Central dome bearing made of 7075 aluminum with 120° servo arrangement for unrestricted servo travel and ideal geometry
- 2.5mm CFRP upper chassis for maximum crash resistance and 2mm CFRP lower chassis
- Motor mount directly connected to the main top mount for maximum rigidity
- Overhead tail servo and tail linkage for optimal weight distribution
- Dampened tail rotor
- Optional motor counter bearing
- Third dome bearing in the standard servo version
What you Get:
1 x XLpower Nimbus 550 kit, STD servo version, No blades -XL55V2K02